Thursday 19 September 2013

Eyes/Lips of the day using MUA's new Matte Palette

I recently received my Matte Palette from MUA along with their new Lash Boom Mascara and I finally got around to having a play with them the other day. I haven't got too many matte eyeshadows in my make-up collection so I was really happy when I first heard about this palette and couldn't wait to get my mitts on it.


From left to right: Top row - Unwrap, Butter, Bare, Taffeta, Fade
Bottom row - Penny, Chino, Truffle, Fog, Smoke


These are all of the products I used...


MUA Matte Palette (Chino all over the lid, Penny in the crease and Truffle for my eyebrows) | MUA Lash Boom Mascara in Black | Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Pencil in 001 Black

... and this was the finished look:


I usually wear an eye primer but on this occasion I didn't so the colours seem a bit more subtle which, for me, is fine since I wanted this palette for more wearable day looks.


On my lips I wore MUA Intense Kisses Lip Gloss in Lips Are Sealed. These lip glosses are fab and I have three shades in total. The colours are fairly sheer but the best thing about them, in my opinion, is that they're not sticky. They have a faint vanilla scent to them which might be an issue for some people but as it quickly fades I don't find it to be a problem.

I'm definitely looking forward to trying out the other colours in the palette and seeing what I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment