Friday 18 October 2013

And by "huh" she meant "WOW"!

I had an appointment with my physiotherapist yesterday and, surprisingly, I was actually discharged. I wasn't expecting that to happen yet but I'm not complaining. I'm being referred to undertake some shoulder rehabilitation classes and once those are completed I can then just do all of my exercises at home which (hopefully) means one less trip to the hospital each month.


Watching: I've picked up two new shows this season and I'm loving them both. The first is 'The Blacklist' which regularly has me on the edge of my seat. Sure, it's got some plot holes but, personally, that doesn't bother me since it's so entertaining. It's really enjoyable and action-packed and, as always, James Spader plays creepy so damn well.

The other show that has grabbed my attention is 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' so much so that I've already started writing fanfic for it, something I definitely wasn't expecting to happen. (For anyone wondering, it's Ward/Skye fic.) The show just keeps getting better and better and I'm so happy that it's been given a full 22 episode order. Oh, and I loved the live tweeting some of the cast did for the most recent ep. Brett and Chloe's tweets made me giggle.


Listening to: I've been listening to a fair bit of 80s music lately and I dug out Cher's 'Heart Of Stone' album which was a big favourite with me back in the day. My reason for listening to it now might have something to do with the recent news that Joy's new project 'Songbyrd' will see her playing a character loosely based on Diane Warren who's written a bazillion songs including some for Cher. (Emotional Fire is one of my all-time fave tracks!)


Reading: 'The Husband's Secret' by Liane Moriarty. I wanted to read this book after I saw a review of it in a newspaper and once I started I couldn't put it down. It made me laugh and cry and I thought the author did a fantastic job of intertwining the various characters' stories.

Amazon (UK's) description:

Mother of three and wife of John-Paul, Cecilia discovers an old envelope in the attic. Written in her husband's hand, it says: to be opened only in the event of my death.

Curious, she opens it - and time stops.

John-Paul's letter confesses to a terrible mistake which, if revealed, would wreck their family as well as the lives of others.

Cecilia - betrayed, angry and distraught - wants to do the right thing, but right for who? If she protects her family by staying silent, the truth will worm through her heart. But if she reveals her husband's secret, she will hurt those she loves most...



Anticipating: Joy's new album. Unfortunately, it wasn't released in September but she tweeted a fan the other day and said that physical copies of it will be on sale this weekend to those attending the OTH convention in Paris and it'll then be released digitally a few weeks later. I won't lie, I'm a little annoyed that physical copies won't be available to all of her fans but hey ho. As long as I'm able to hear the album somehow, that's the main thing.


I actually went shopping last week and bought a few make-up bits so I'll be doing a haul post/review soon.


Thanks for reading!

Diane x


No comments:

Post a Comment