Wednesday 2 April 2014

My first MAC lipstick!

I've always been a drugstore girl when it comes to lipsticks - mainly, I'd say, due to the cost - but the desire to try a MAC lipstick had been steadily growing and finally, late last year, I succumbed and bought my very first shade.

Thanks to several beauty blogs, I did a bit of research and checked out the different formulas available and, after much deliberation, I finally opted for 'Creme In Your Coffee' which is one of MAC's Cremesheen lipsticks.


MAC 'Creme In Your Coffee' - £15


The formula is lovely and applies beautifully. For some reason, I was expecting it to be glossier but it actually has a slightly thicker texture though it still feels quite light on my lips and not at all drying. The colour is actually a little darker than it appeared in the swatches I looked at online before I purchased it but that's not necessarily a bad thing. In those swatches, even on people with similar colouring to mine, it seemed to have more of a rosy pink tone whereas I've got quite pale skin and, on me, I'd say the colour definitely fits MAC's description of it being a "creamy mid-tone pink brown" but it's a nice shade for those occasions when I'm wanting to wear a slightly bolder lip.

The last time I wore it, it lasted for about three hours (that's without eating or drinking anything) before it started to noticeably fade.

While I can see the hype in MAC lipsticks I think I'm still a drugstore girl at heart but I'm definitely not ruling out buying a few more shades in future.

Thanks for reading!

Diane x


No comments:

Post a Comment