Friday 8 November 2013

Remission!


A couple of weeks ago I had my monthly check-up with the Rheumatology Nurse at the hospital and, after checking through my blood test results, she surprised me by telling me that I am currently in remission. Considering I was only diagnosed in May, I wasn't expecting it to happen this year (if at all, if I'm being honest) so the news was an absolute joy to hear. She told me that the hospital I'm with treats newly diagnosed patients aggressively, increasing the medication on each visit so that the chances of an early remission are much higher. She also mentioned that the patient she saw before me who was diagnosed at around the time as I was is also now in remission so it seems there's definitely something to be said for this particular method.

The other bonus was that as my Disease Activity Score was 2.09 (the score you need to reach to be classed as in remission is 2.26) she didn't need to increase the dosage of my arthritis medication so yay! As everything seems to be going well, my next check-up is now in January so, fingers crossed, that continues to be the case between now and then.

In just under three weeks, I'm due to start my shoulder rehabilitation classes and as I'm currently without a pair of trainers, I thought I'd treat myself to a pair of Lee Cooper canvas shoes which I bought online from Sports Direct for only £9.99. I've worn them a few times to break them in a bit and they are so comfy.


In my last post on here, I did mention doing a haul post of the make-up bits and bobs I've bought recently and that will be up in the next day or two.

Thanks for reading!

Diane x


No comments:

Post a Comment